Tools & Materials, Favorite Faux Leather Suppliers and Earring Template Sources
This page contains some affiliate links (which means if you make a purchase after clicking a link, I will earn a small commission at no additional cost to you). Read my full disclosure policy here.
TOOLS & MATERIALS LIST
- A Cricut cutting machine.
- The Cricut Maker 3 is available on Amazon here or the Cricut website here.
- The Cricut Maker is available on Amazon here or the Cricut website here.
- The Cricut Explore 3 is available on Amazon here or the Cricut website here.
- The Cricut Explore Air 2 is available on Amazon here or the Cricut website here.
- The Cricut Joy is available on Amazon here or the Cricut website here.
- Cricut Purple Strong Grip cutting mat
- Cricut Green Standard Grip cutting mat
- Weeding tool or Pin Pen Weeding Tool
- Blue Painter’s tape
- Cricut Strong Grip Transfer Tape (optional)
- Cricut Easy Press Mini, or Cricut Easy Press, or Traditional Heat Press, or a home iron
- Pressing Pad or Mat (I use the 8×10 Cricut one)
- Teflon cover sheet, parchment paper, or butcher paper
- Small Curved Craft Scissors (optional)
- Earring Hole Punch (optional)
- Earring Hooks
- Jump Rings, Gold tone
- Jump Rings, Silver tone
- Wide Flat Nose Pliers or Needle Nose Pliers (I use one of each)
- Economy Pliers (Set of 2)
- UltraHold Heat n’ Bond (also available at craft stores and WalMart – get UltraHold in the Red package)
- Art Glitter Glue with the Precision Tip
- Bearly Art Precision Craft Glue with the Precision Tip
- Aleene’s Fabric Fusion Fabric Glue
- Jewelry Boxes for earring cards
Circle Charm Earring Project
Celestial Petal Earrings Project
- Brown Smooth Faux Leather
- Chunky Glitter Faux Leather
- Rose Gold Foil Iron-On
- Rose Gold-tone Ball Ear Wires
Folded Leaf Earrings Project
Feather Earrings Project
Cutout Teardrop Earrings Project
MY FAVORITE FAUX LEATHER SUPPLIERS
Thicket Company – This is my go-to shop for my workshop craft kits. They offer great options for faux leather, especially prints and SMOOTH faux leathers, which I love to use for applying heat transfer vinyl on! Visit them here.
Peggy Sue Also – I could not list my favorite Etsy shops for earring materials without mentioning this AMAZING shop. Be aware that this shop features mostly genuine leathers, not faux leather. But if you get the earring making bug and want to start making earrings with genuine leather and a die cutting machine like the Sizzix Big Shot or Sizzix Big Shot Plus, Peggy Sue Also features gorgeous, soft leathers you’ll love to make earrings with.
Faux Leather For You – Family owned faux leather website with great prints and super fast shipping! Kay and Brendan have a thriving Facebook community where they offer live sales, sneak peeks, and share inspiration from crafters using their materials.
Use my special coupon code for a 10% discount on your order: AmyRomeuCrafts10
Request to join their Facebook group here: Faux Leather For You VIP (Craft Supplier)
Pretty In Pink Supply – This shop has great printed faux leather. I love how they pull together different prints and patterns in collections so you can see what other faux leathers would coordinate.
Craftyrific – The website for the Etsy shop by the same name. Great selection of seasonal faux leather prints and patterns.
It’s hard to list specific shops on Amazon that sell faux leather because the assortment changes constantly. However, I do have a few favorite faux leathers on Amazon.
Smooth Faux Leather in Assorted Colors – I make a lot of earrings from faux leather with heat transfer vinyl pressed on top, and I find smooth faux leather is best for this application. This smooth faux leather from Amazon is available in assorted colors and is my go-to smooth faux leather for my tutorials and workshops.
Colored Cork Faux Leather – Cork is one of my favorite earring materials to work with, and this is a great assortment package to start with. To see how to make Cricut earrings from cork, check out my tutorial here.